Image Map

Friday, January 4, 2013

Friend Venn

I had so much fun with my kids yesterday! They were fairly quiet, probably because they were tired! 

I always have the students complete an activity about resolutions for the new year. This year we made these foldables.



They had to write a school, home, and personal resolution. Since I teach at a private school, we also added a resolution that regarding our relationship with the Lord.

Some of my favorites were:

  • I will not chew my nails.
  • I will have a new hairstyle everyday.
  • I will run a marathon.
  • I will sleep more.
  • I will invite Heather over to my house everyday.
  • I will deepen my relationship with the Lord.  (Yes, a 7 year old wrote that!!)
We started our graphing unit by making Friend Venn Diagrams.  I found the idea on Just Add Clip Art.



You can get the prewriting activity and Venn template here.

Jessica from Second Grade Nest is having a HUGE 500 follower giveaway. It ends tomorrow, so be sure to hop on over there to enter if you haven't already! There are 5 separate giveaways.  My Winter Blends Literacy Centers is up for grabs on the 3rd giveaway.

http://www.teachingmaddeness.com/2013/01/friday-flashback-read-this-book.html

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to share with us! Your students' resolutions were precious! I just love listening to the thinks that come out of their mouths! ;) Those friend venns are adorable, too!

    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz! I am your newest follower! I found you on Amanda's linky! Those friend venns turned out precious! I will have to check the link out! Thanks for sharing!
    Kim
    TheVeryBusyFirstGraders

    ReplyDelete