Image Map

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Owls


Finally posted my mini owl unit!  To start off the unit, I read the book I’m not scared! by Jonathan Allen and my students filled out the story map.

We are still working on identifying beginning, middle and end of stories.  Owl meets different animals throughout his walk in the forest and it is easy for the students to pick out the beginning, middle and end.

Next, I read I'm not cute! My kids giggled throughout the entire book!  They really love Owl!  We brainstormed a list of adjectives at the end to describe Owl.  Then each student wrote a short story "I'm cute when..."

Then we made an owl craft.  I had seen several owl pictures on Pinterest, but couldn't find a template so I made my own.


You can download the owl template and story map here (It's FREE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment