Image Map

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Reindeer ABC Order

As much as I love Thanksgiving, Christmas is my favorite time of year to teach!  I love all of the creative things that I can implement in the classroom. My Christmas break is kinda strange this year - we go until December 19th.   But the bonus is that I have 3 1/2 weeks to do Christmas activities! There is a lot I want to cram in, so I decided to make a schedule of themed activities.

Week of November 26 - Reindeer
Week of December 3 - Gingerbread
Week of December 10 - Elves/Santa
Week of December 17 - Grinch

In previous years I usually give my students a worksheet to practice putting the reindeers' names in ABC order.  It comes at the perfect time of year since we start ABC order in November. This year I found an old post by First Grade Parade. I searched high and low to see if there was a template on her page, but I couldn't find one. So I decided to create by own template.  You can download a free copy at my TPT store.

I can't wait to go back to school on Monday to make these with my firsties!  I plan on using them as a hallway display.

1 comment:

  1. I am your newest follower. I am nominating you for the Liebster Blog Award! Hop on over to my blog to check out the rules.
    Hope your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
    Christy :)
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete