Image Map

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Fall Critters

I'm sure you have seen plenty of spider, bat and owl ideas across teaching blogs this month.  Is it just me or do you find the perfect idea after you finished a unit??  Drives me crazy!

My class started off the month learning about mammals, so I made sure to include bats.  We read Stellaluna and completed this bat activity inspired by First Grade Parade.

My wonderful parapro made this poster to help us with labeling.

She was afraid it looked too scary, so she added hair bows to it.

Here's another poster from the classroom next door.  Super cute!

The next unit was insects.  We made models of insects out of marshmallows and toothpicks. I also emphasized spiders and learning why spiders were not considered insects.

Love this poster!  It almost didn't make it through the laminator because I wasn't paying attention!


This week we're studying birds.  I'm right in the middle of creating a small unit based on the books by Jonathan Allen.  I can't wait to get it posted.


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've donated my first unit on TPT to O FISH ally a First Grader's 100 Follower Giveaway.  Be sure to check it out!  Winners will be announced next Sunday, October 28th.

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I am your newest follower. I would love for you to stop by my blog sometime:)
    Mrs.G's Kindergarten in Heels

    ReplyDelete