Image Map

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ten Pin Linky: Math Ideas

 I'm linking up with Ashley again this week.



I got extra nerdy with my math board on Pinterest.  I had over 100 pins on my math board and it was just too jumbled for me.  I started with my base Math Lesson Ideas Board and then created 4 more boards - Addition & Subtraction, Place Value, Number Sense, Geometry.  I'm in the process of doing the same thing with my Reading Board, but that's another topic for a different day!


Doubles Rap iPod - My students loved this last year!  I had such a musical group.  


What a great visual! I think this would be great to make when we are learning about commutative property with our math facts.

Source: Teach 123

Nothing drives me more crazy than the sound of the ten rods and ones. At least I know when the students are playing and not paying attention, but still! In this pin, the ten rods and ones are made from sponges.


I bought Cara Caroll's Calendar Companion last year and my firsties were actually engaged in calendar time.  (And I was too!)  This is a life size version that's perfect for your calendar area.


I used this to introduce my math centers last year.  It's like the Daily 5 for math! The pin leads to great math workshop organization ideas.


I really want to cut my composition books in half this year. We never use the entire book anyhow.


I like to send this home for homework for a number sense/tally practice.  


Easy way to teach double digit addition!  You have to go to the neighbor's house to borrow a ten...like how you borrow a cup of sugar from you neighbor.  Great analogy and I'll take anything that helps with this concept.

Ok, I didn't quite make ten, but my eyes are getting a little sleepy.  Good night!



4 comments:

  1. WOW! We have a lot of the same pins! I definitely want to try the math journals with my class this coming year.

    Lindsay
    For the Love of First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started to organize my boards as well! I love the doubles rap :).

    I'm your newest follower!

    Stephanie
    The Learning Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of cutting the math journals in half. Just like you said, we never use the whole thing anyway :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute doubles fact rainbow. I'm sure my kids will love it.
    Thanks for stopping by.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete