Image Map

Sunday, June 2, 2013

June Currently

Hello!!!  Thanks for sticking with me!  It's been almost a month since I've last posted.  I started a few entries over those weeks, but never got around to finishing any of them.  I had a bad case of summeritis!

Now that summer is here I just might have to get on a regular blogging routine.  What better way to kick it back into gear than with Farley's Currently!


Listening -  ocean waves
I'm at the beach, people!!  So excited for a week in the sun!  It's just me and my parents.  My husband stayed at home since he had to work.  Pray for good weather because last year it rained almost everyday. (I got a little cranky.)

Loving - summer
Gosh, I love a glorious schedule where I can do whatever I want.  The first week out of school I didn't make any plans, just hung around the house and ran errands.  I need that time to decompress.

Thinking - I miss my students (just a little).
The first week is hard for me!  I'll see something or hear a funny joke and think "Oh, John would like that."  And then I realized I don't get to see them anymore.  :(  I ran a 5K yesterday and there were 2 former students there.  They ran the last .05 with me - it was so sweet!!  One mom said she was trying to get her daughter to do some review work on the back of one of my newsletters.  The little girl said "I can even look at her name. It makes me sad." LOL.  This is the same one who wanted to submit a prayer request saying "Pray for Mrs. Deal because she will be lonely all summer."  Love her!

Wanting - to lose about 20 lbs this summer
I've been doing good so far!  I downloaded My Fitness Pal (MFP) and have been tracking my food and exercise.  My user name is deal721 if you want to friend me on there.  I've also been making sure to get out for an hour to run/walk.  

Needing - to go for my morning run
I have to get it done before it gets too warm and humid!

3 Vacay Essentials - sunscreen, good books, lounge chair
I'm a redhead, so you know I need some sunscreen!  I love those spray sunscreens.  Every since I started using them I haven't had one sunburn (and that's saying a lot).  
I have to read when I'm at the beach.  I've downloaded about 4 books that I hope to read this month alone. 
Last summer we found the best lounge chairs at Target.  
When you flip on your stomach you can move that pillow and there is a hole for you face. (kinda like a massage chair!)

Be sure to link up!

3 comments:

  1. We went to the beach last weekend, and it was so nice! I told my husband last night that I wanted to be at the beach permanently. I think that is in my retirement plans in the future! :) Enjoy! I hope you have a fun yet relaxing summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I am so jealous I can't even tell you! I would die to go to the beach! I got to go to Mexico two summers ago and my toes are longing to walk in the sand again! I will pray for fab weather for you and your family! I found you through currently!
    Amy
    3 Teacher Chicks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and am your newest follower! Have fun at the beach!!! I can't wait to start running again...it is so hard during the year!
    Kheila
    Two Friends In First

    ReplyDelete