Image Map

Monday, August 18, 2014

Meet the Teacher

Hi!  I'm Liz. 

 I've been blogging at Polka Dot Firsties for about two years.  I've been teaching first grade for 7 years - I can't believe it's been that long! I'm married with two dogs, Bella and Lucy.

THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS...

Working out. Kickboxing. Weights. Sleeping. Reading. Laying out in the sun. Beach. Coupons. Target. Glue sticks. 


 IF YOU WEREN'T A TEACHER, WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO BE?
I would love to be a nurse!  But wiggly teeth give me the heebie jeebies, so my nursing career would probably not be successful.


THREE LITTLE WORDS THAT DESCRIBE YOU.
Fiery. Redheaded. Introvert.

FINISH THE SENTENCE, "________,  SAID NO TEACHER EVER!!"

"I really wish summer was shorter," said no teacher ever!
Mine ended 2 1/2 weeks ago...
 


Q: IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY AND YOU CAN INVITE ANYONE {DEAD OR ALIVE} TO THE PARTY. WHO ARE YOU INVITING?

My grandparents and my parents.
Q: IF SOMEONE WROTE A BOOK ABOUT YOUR LIFE, WHAT WOULD BE THE TITLE?

 Tears, Laughter and Poop
It's actually my working title for my life in the classroom.  Just don't ask about the poop.  You really don't want to know.


 Q:YOU GET TO PICK ONE SUPERPOWER. WHAT IS IT?
 Flying.  Think about all of the traffic you can avoid.


Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE QUOTE OR SAYING?

"Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."
Philippians 4:8 (KJV)
Q: IF YOU HAD TO SING ONE SONG ON AMERICAN IDOL, WHAT WOULD IT BE? 

 Mary Had a Little Lamb.  Short and sweet because you don't want to hear my singing voice!
 Q: ARE YOU A MORNING PERSON OR A NIGHT OWL?

I'm SUCH a morning person. By myself.  I love to have quiet time and workout before everyone else is up.  If I sleep past 7am, I think I've wasted the day!  That being said, I pass out reguarly during the school year between 8-9pm.

 
Q: WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RESOURCE THAT YOU'VE CREATED IN YOUR TPT SHOP?

 I know my last few posts have mentioned my Karate Sight Words pack, but I honestly love it!  I've assessed almost all of my students already and they are super excited to try to earn their black belt in karate!








1 comment:

  1. Whenever I'm having a "bad day" Phil. 4:8 is one of my favorite verses to say!! :) love it!

    ReplyDelete