Image Map

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Karate Sight Words

Gosh, the first week of school went by so fast!  It was probably the smoothest first week I ever had!  No one cried on the first day at all.  That has never happened to me.  I usually have one or two firsties that cry for the first week.  Apparently one cried at home, but then the next day she made a friend and all was right in the world again. 

I scrambled to get this packet down before the start of school and I finally uploaded it to TPT this morning.



I wanted a way to track the students' sight word progress a little better.  I did track their progress before, but it was on a un-cute spreadsheet with boring font and no borders.

In Karate Sight Words, there are 8 levels - white, yellow, orange, blue, purple, green, brown and black. As students pass the tests, they earn their "belt."




The white through purple belts are the Dolch Sight Words, arranged by pre-primer, primer, first, etc.

For the green through black belts, I used the first 300 Fry Phrases.



Students can track their progress by coloring on this sheet.



Teachers can track the students' progress on this sheet.


Included in the packet are Dolch words and Fry phrases that you can print off on cardstock.  I'll be printing mine off on colored cardstock to match the different belt level.



Karate Sight Words will be on sale through Wednesday.  I'm extending my BTS sale a little.  :)


Button by Krista Wallden

1 comment:

  1. I love this packet and just purchased it! Could you email me any visual trackers you may have sued in the classroom as well?

    Best,

    Ms. Becker
    jazmyn.becker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete