I enjoy this linky party because during the school year it is so hard for me to blog during the week.
1. I decided to do two linky parties in one post, so my August Currently can be crossed off the to do list.
2. We now have a no candy rule at school.
Of course this comes after I make birthday treat bags (the first year I've ever made such a thing) with a pencil, starbursts and skittles. Guess they will be getting a pencil for their birthday! I also had planned to make this.
I already bought the Blow Pops, but hadn't made the labels for it yet.
Right now I need a back to school gift idea that is not candy related AND cheap, especially since I already spent money on the other stuff. Any ideas?
3. I am one folder short for my Rise and Shine folders. The max number of students for our class changed and I had already made an entire class set of the folders. I cannot find a blue plastic folder with brads anywhere. Plenty of orange and red, but no blue! I think some of the public schools must have requested blue folders. It's ridiculous that I can't find a single one!
4. I wanted to figure out how to track sight words better in my classroom. Enter Karate Sight Words!
I'm putting the final touches on it today and hopefully will have it posted tomorrow. I divided the sight words into belt levels (ex: When students learn the Pre-Primer list, they earn a white belt.) I also included the 1st 300 Fry Phrases because I know I'll have students that already know all of the sight words and I want to be able to challenge them.
5. I'm really hoping to rest some today - it is Saturday after all! My brain is going a mile a minute thinking about all of the things I have to do.