Image Map

Monday, August 20, 2012

First Grade Keepsakes

Tonight was Parent Night at school and everything went smoothly! I really do have a great set of parents and students. I'm looking to a great school year!

I decided to make the parents a gift for Parent Night. I saw this pin and knew I had to make one for first grade.


I had the students sign their name in a pink, green or black marker underneath their hand prints.  

The parents were excited to get them tonight. I told them that once the box is full, they have to start throwing some of the papers away and only keep some of the work.  Some parents actually keep every. single. paper. and never EVER throw them away.  I don't know if they'll go for it or not - there was a lot of nervous laughter when I told the parents that.  Maybe one day you'll see this box on the episode of Hoarders!

TPT is finally working for me, so if you are interested in a free phonic games for your students, check it out here.



4 comments:

  1. OMG! This idea is too stinkin' cute! LOVE IT!
    You must tell us how you got your hands on those pizza boxes!!! THANKS!

    Have a wonderful and happy school year!
    Julie

    Ms. Marciniak's First Grade Critter Cafe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered 16" white pizza boxes online. The smallest amount I could get was a case of 50. They were only like $15. The problem was that shipping was sooooo much ($26), although they were her in 3 days!
    . Next time, I will give myself more time to look around. So, if anyone has another suggestion to find them cheaper that would be great or I may go the pizza Hut and see if they would donate any and find another way to decorate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I order mine from uline.com. I found them somewhere else cheaper, but the shipping was crazy. I ended up having it shipped to my school as well because it was cheaper to ship to a commercial place rather than residential. I also had to buy 50 - but ended up dividing the cost with the other first grade teacher in my building. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete