Image Map

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Technology in the Classroom

In my room, I have one computer and a brand new flat screen TV.  No Smart Board or Promethean Board.  There are laptops available to use too and I usually use those for AR quizzes or math stations.

Having my computer and TV connected has made such a huge difference! I discovered Just Dance Kids on YouTube.

My favorite video is the Gummy Bear!


I used this video to introduce our space unit.



My students beg for the Count to 100 song.




Now I haven't been very good on blog reading lately, but the few posts I have had the time to read have given me some great ideas!

This next idea is from Brenda at You Might Be a First Grader.  I don't have the pictures or video to post, but she made her own Daily Five rotations chart on Power Point.  I made my own since I do my Daily Five a little differently, but this is awesome!!  Brenda has her presentation timed, but I haven't figured out that step yet. (My Power Point is a little older, I think.  She shows you how in the video she made, but it's not working for me.)

I thought it was so great that I made one for my math centers too!  I took off work for a few days and all I had to do was print out the presentations and leave it for the sub.  I figured that the sub doesn't want to have to mess with the computer anyhow. ;)

Are there any other YouTube videos out there that I must use?

What technology do you have in the classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment